Get an internationally recognized master’s level fundraising qualification.
Nowhere before was there an international master’s level qualification in fundraising. Through its alliance with the Institute of Fundraising (IoF) and the European Fundraising Association, AFP is proud to bring you an international program taught in Europe and North America: the new AFP/IoF International Advanced Diploma Course.
This year-long course —designed for senior fundraising practitioners— is taught at a master’s degree level.
- An initial 10 weeks of individual study.
- A 3-day face-to-face instruction block conducted during the AFP International Fundraising Conference.
- A final 10 weeks of individual study.
To complete the program, participants will spend approximately 600 hours in individual and group study over the life of the program.
The program fulfils many objectives:
- Develop your understanding of fundraising in the context of your organization and society as a whole.
- Improve your skills in analysis, synthesis and evaluation.
- Understand how to better represent fundraising to your board and senior management team.
- Understand philanthropic psychology and how to apply it.
Students will be expected to complete 600 hours of study over a full academic year, to attend two 3-day residential teaching blocks and to complete 7 assignments.
Because of the innovative teaching methods being employed by the course faculty headed by Professors Adrian Sargeant and Jen Shang, you will be expected to engage with the course material and your fellow students in advance and between the teaching blocks.
For more information, contact us via the form below or by calling 703 519-8471.