The AFP – Quebec Chapter was founded in 1998. It has over 200 members, all philanthropy professionals mainly in decision-making positions employed in a variety of charitable organizations.
Our goal is to foster development and growth of fundraising professionals committed to preserving and enhancing philanthropy.
- To establish a code of ethics and high standards for professional practices.
- To provide training opportunities for fundraising professionals by offering both a scholarship program and a valid and reliable certification program.
- To implement programs that ensure cultural and social diversity in our membership and leadership.
- To promote public understanding of philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising by hosting a National Philanthropy Day event.
- To conduct activities that maintain and develop legislation favorable to philanthropy.
- To collect, to research, and to publish historical, managerial, and technical information on philanthropy and philanthropic fundraising.
- To foster international cooperation, knowledge exchange, and education among fundraising professionals worldwide.